ThermoSafe 040 boards are rigid insulating building boards. They are manufactured from by-products of the sawmills within the Black Forrest area of Germany. The softwood chippings are pulped, soaked in water, then mechanically pressed into boards, dried, and cut to shape. Boards thicker than 20mm are made up of 20mm thick laminations.
Suitable applications include floors (i.e below screed), walls (both internally & externally) and roofs.
• Floors (i.e below screed)
• Walls (both internally & externally)
|Maximum installation thickness|
|Screed (cement, anhydrite, asphalt etc)||140 mm|
|Chipboard / OSB flooring ≥ 25 mm / 22 mm||140 mm|
|ThermoSafe-TG ≥ 22 mm||100 mm|
|Dry Flooring Elements ≥ 30 mm||60 mm|
|Parquet timber flooring ≥ 14 mm||20 mm|
Store in dry conditions.
Cut boards using a fine-toothed hand saw, Jig saw, or circular saw with integral dust extractor.
• Protect boards from moisture in the substrate / screed.
• Avoid cross joints when laying.
• Stagger joints when installing more than one layer.
• Install edge strip to the full height of the proposed floor make up.
|Spruce / pine chippings||98%|
|Board size||1200 x 600 mm|
|Board thickness||40 / 60 / 100 mm|
|Boards per pallet||100 / 66 / 40|
|Coverage per pallet||72.0 / 47.5 / 28.8 m²|
|Weight per pallet||550 kg|
|Density, ρ||≥ 160 kg/m³|
|Thermal conductivity, λR||0.040 W/m.K|
|Thermal resistance, R||1.0 / 1.5 / 2.5 m².K/W|
|Specific heat capacity, c||2500 J/Kg.K|
|Diffusion resistance, µ||5|
|Bending strength||≥ 0.2 N/mm²|
|Fire rating||Class B2|
• Manufactured to DIN 68755
• Tested to DIN 18165 Part 1